Development - 1 month
Growth & Development - infants, babies, newborns, sleep, nutrition, gross & fine motor skills, language and social.All information below are approximates
- Boy 9 lbs 8 oz
- Girl 8 lbs 12 oz
- Boy 21 1/2 inches
- Girl 21 inches
- Boy 14 ¾ inches
- Girl 14 ½ inches
Hours of sleep
- 15 ½ hours per 24-hour day
- Three 2-hour naps per day
Amount of milk intake
- Bottle fed infants: 15-30 ounces per day
- Breastfed infants: It is difficult to know volume of milk taken by breastfed infants therefore you can estimate adequate intake by the infant’s urine output. Breastfed infants should have a wet diaper every 2-6 hours.
- Gross motor skills Holds chin up briefly when lying on her belly. Turns head when lying on her back.
- Fine motor skills Grips objects tightly.
- Language Strong cry… but if you have children, you know this one already!
- Social interaction Random smiles. Will watch moving objects. Watches faces intently.
Click on the images to print or save the PDF files.
Last Updated (Sunday, 21 June 2009 20:14)